- 1/2 lb medium to large sized squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons calamansi juice or juice of half lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- spring onions, sliced (for garnish)
- red bell pepper, chopped (for garnish)
- Marinate squid in calamansi (or lemon) juice then season with salt and ground black pepper for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare pan and heat cooking oil.
- Dredge the squid in flour then deep-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until the color of the coating turns golden brown.
- Remove the fried squid from the cooking pot and transfer in a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with vinegar and chili or sweet and sour sauce.
3,707 total views, 2 views today