1) Clean the squid then slice into rings.
2) Transfer the squid onto a plate lined with kitchen towel, take another piece of kitchen towel and pat dry.
3) Place the saucepan on a medium heat. Pour in the oil and leave for 20 minutes to heat up.
4) Put flour in a bowl and season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Tip the drained squid into the bowl of flour. Mix it in with your hands, making sure that the squid is well coated. Transfer the squid into a sieve and shake well to get rid of all the excess flour.
5) After roughly 20 minutes, drop a tentacle into the oil to see if its hot enough. If it immediately begins to fry, the oil is ready. Gently place the floured squid into the oil and stir so they don’t stick. Fry for a minute and a half only. Remove and drain the fried squid on a plate lined with kitchen roll.
6) Arrange the fried squid onto a serving platter and serve with vinegar dip.
* Put vinegar in a small bowl then add chopped onion, garlic and chili. Season with salt and pepper. You may add a sprinkle of sugar if you like.
6,992 total views, 2 views todayYum