Gambas Al Ajillo is a spicy dish. This could be enjoyed as an appetizer or a main dish. My family loves this with garlic fried rice. The recipe was borrowed from http://www.pinoyrecipe.net/. Happy cooking! 🙂
- 3/4 kilo medium to large sized Shrimp
- 1/4 cup Kalamansi juice or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup Green Chili, sliced diagonally (optional)
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil or Cooking oil
- 1 medium sized red onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the Shrimp, peel and devein then combine shrimp with lemon juice then marinate for 20 minutes.
- Pour cooking oil in a hot frying pan.
- Put the garlic and cook until the color turns light brown.
- Add the onions and bell pepper then cook until the texture softens.
- Now add the shrimps and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the white wine, then add salt and pepper then cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add the Chili Sauce and Green Chilies then simmer for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and set-aside.
- You can put it in a Hot plate for a sizzling treat.
- Served hot with Garlic Rice.
5,057 total views, 2 views today