My kids love chicken nuggets so I thought I’d try making them on my own. I found this recipe from Videojug and I like that the nuggets are crispy on the outside and real tasty inside.
1) Take the chicken breast and cut off all excess skin, fat and bones.
2) Cut the chicken into small chunks so they will fit into the blender. Option: Leave the chicken in chunks or slices if you prefer chicken tenders; in that case do not blend the chicken in step 5.
3) To make your own breadcrumbs the bread you use needs to be dry. This means stale bread. If you only have fresh bread, then place the slices in the oven at 100 C for one hour until they are dried – not toasted.
4) Once the bread is dried, break it up into pieces and place it in your blender. Put the lid on and switch it on to the appropriate setting to make your breadcrumbs. Add any seasoning. Once the seasoning is nicely mixed pour the breadcrumbs into one of the bowls. (You can add any flavoring at this stage. From spices to herbs, garlic, salt to parmesan cheese. This recipe uses just some salt and pepper.)
5) Wipe out the blender with some kitchen paper and add the chicken breasts. Pulse the chicken until roughly chopped. Now add the herbs and switch on the blender again, making sure the herbs are blended well with the chicken. Once that is done, pour the mixture into one of the bowls.
6) Take the 2 eggs, crack them into a bowl and beat them together.
7) Line up the chicken mix, the flour, the eggs and the breadcrumbs in the four bowls.
8) Rub your hands with some flour to avoid them becoming too sticky! Then take some chicken mixture and roll it in the palm of your hands to create a smooth ball shape about the size of a ping pong ball.
9) Now take the nugget and roll it in the flour. When totally covered, roll it in the egg. Next, roll the nugget in the breadcrumbs and place it on a plate. Gently press down on it with the flat side of a knife to form the perfect nugget shape.
10) Take your frying pan and put the vegetable oil into it. Heat the pan to medium so that the oil is hot but not smoking. Place the nuggets into the pan and cook gently on a low heat for about 5 minutes turning them every few minutes so they don’t burn.
11) Once cooked place the nuggets on kitchen paper to drain any excess oil. Then serve with salad, chips or a dip.
9,807 total views, 2 views today