One thing I love about this dish is there’s a little bit of everything in it; protein, vegetable and carb. It’s delicious and refreshing at the same time. I got the recipe from southeastasianfood.about.com. Try it, it’s delicious.
- ¾ lb lean minced pork
- ½ lb peeled, deveined and minced shrimps
- 4 oz crab meat
- ¾ cup finely chopped carrots
- 6 finely chopped medium sized shallots or small onions
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 3 dried wood ear fungus
- 3 oz dried glass noodles or sotanghon
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 rice wrappers
- lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- Soak the dried wood ear fungus in water for about 20 minutes or until soft. Cut out and discard he middle bit of the wood ear fungus if it is hard. Chop it into thin slices.
- Soak the dried glass noodles in water for about 20 minutes or until soft. Drain the noodles and cut them into 3 inch lengths.
- Combine all the above ingredients, and make sure everything is mixed well.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place lettuce leaves and a heaping spoonful of the mixture, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining wrappers and ingredients.
4,238 total views, 2 views today