I didn’t like fish very much when I was a kid except when it’s fried. I used to frown whenever we had fish for dinner, mom was very wise not to serve anything else so me and my siblings will be forced to eat fish. As I grew up I came to love mom’s fish dishes. This Bangus En Tocho is one of them.
1) Wash the fish slices and sprinkle with salt. Deep fry in oil until brown. Set aside.
2) If you’re using the firm tofu variety, deep fry them, slice into cubes, then set aside. For soft tofu, just slice them in cubes then set aside.
3) In a sauce pan, put 2 tablespoons of oil that you used from frying the fish and tofu. Sautè garlic, onion, tomatoes and ginger. Add water and fish cube and simmer for a few minutes.
4) Stir in black soy bean and vinegar. Simmer without stirring for 10 minutes.
5) Add in fried Bangus and tofu. Serve with steamed rice.
10,365 total views, 4 views todayYum