1) When you buy milkfish, specify that you’re using it for relleno so they’ll prepare the fish for you. Or you can do it on your own: Gently pound the fish to loosen the meat from the skin. Break the big bone at the nape and at the tail. Insert the handle of a kitchen turner through the fish neck. Gently push down the tail. Remove the handle then squeeze and push out the fish meat through the head. This way you will be able to push out the whole meat without cutting or opening the skin.
2) Marinate the deboned fish in soy sauce and calamansi juice, then set aside.
3) Boil the fish meat in a small amount of water. Drain then cool. Pick out the bones and flake the meat, then set aside.
5) In a wok or skillet, heat the oil then sauté garlic, onions. Then add the flaked fish, carrots, green peas and bell pepper. Season to taste then add the raisins and ham.
6) Transfer cooked mixture into a plate. Cool slightly then add egg and flour.
7) Stuff mixture into the bangus. You can wrap the bangus in banana leaves or aluminum foil before frying. Fry for 5 minutes on both sides.
8) It’s important to cool the fish first before slicing to avoid crumbling.
9) Enjoy! 🙂
12,810 total views, 0 views todayYum