I got the recipe from Woman’s Day Magazine. Tried it last week and the family loved it.
1) Place spareribs (rack cut in half if necessary), onion, salt and pepper in a large pot. Add water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
2) Meanwhile prepare sauce: Heat oil in a 2- to 3-qt saucepan. Add garlic; sauté until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, partially cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking. Let cool. Brush spareribs with sauce.
3) Heat outdoor grill or broiler (line broiler pan with foil and coat broiler-pan rack with nonstick spray for easy cleanup).
4) Grill ribs (or broil 4 to 6 in. from heat source) 12 to 14 minutes, basting with sauce a few times and turning ribs over occasionally to prevent burning, until lightly charred.
5) To serve: Cut rack(s) in 1-rib portions. Best served with java or garlic rice.
For extra flavor, prepare spareribs through Step 2, then brush the ribs with half the sauce, cover and refrigerate overnight.
3,267 total views, 2 views todayYum