1) Cut as much fat off the stew meat as possible.
2) In a large non-stick pot, heat the oil on high and sear the beef until brown. About 7 minutes.
3) Add the wine, soy, brown and white sugars, star anise, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Cook on high until the liquid has evaporated and the beef is evenly coated.
4) Add the three cups of water and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer on low for about 2 hours or until the meat is tender. Sprinkle with sliced onion leek just before turning off the heat.
5) Serve hot with steamed rice.
21,009 total views, 0 views todayYum