Bicol Express is a savory and delicious dish cooked with pork and coconut milk. As the name implies, the dish originated from Bicol, a province in the south. The greens you see on the photo are hot green peppers. How hot is it? Depends on the amount of green peppers you put but the creamy coconut milk compliments the spicy peppers. Here’s the recipe…
1. Saute garlic in hot oil. Add onions and cook until transluscent.
2. Stir in fresh ginger, dilao and pork.
3. When pork is cooked add shrimp paste and chopped hot chili.
4. Stir until the pork is completely covered by the mixture.
5. Pour in 6 cups of coconut cream and add the sliced hot green peppers.
6. Continue cooking for about 20 minutes. Add salt if necessary.
10,125 total views, 2 views todayYum