Some use coconut milk for this dish because it’s creamier and sweeter, but when there’s no time to go to market for freshly grated and squeezed coconut milk, I use milk intsead.
- 2 Tbs. ginger, julienned
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving portions
- 1 to 2 tbsp. fish sauce (patis)
- ½ tsp Peppercorn
- 1 can (154 ml) Evaporated Milk or 2/3 cup coconut milk (more if you want it creamier)
- 2 pouches (115 grams each) pineapple tidbits or chunks (drained, reserve syrup)
- Sauté ginger, garlic and onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 2 minutes. Add chicken and fish sauce. Sauté for 10 minutes or until the chicken is slightly brown.
- Add peppercorns and pineapple syrup. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add milk and pineapple. Simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes, stirring continuously, then turn off heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot with steamed rice.
5,087 total views, 2 views today