Here’s a different but delicious sauce for your deep-fried fish fillet.
1. Cut fish fillets in match box sizes. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Beat eggs lightly with salt. Gradually fold in cornstarch, blending until smooth.
3. Dip fish squares in mixture to coat. Dredge in bread crumbs then set aside. (Reserve excess egg mixture.)
4. Mince scallion and ginger root. Add to remaining egg mixture, along with sherry, water and remaining salt. Mix well.
5. Heat oil almost to smoking. Add fish squares and brown lightly.
6. Add scallion-egg mixture. Cook, stirring, over moderate heat until sauce thickens and is smooth. Sprinkle spring onion on top before serving.
55,862 total views, 10 views today