Here’s another ox tongue recipe. Got this from Grouprecipes.com.
- One whole ox tongue
- water for boiling
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- About 3 to 4 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- More water
- 1 cup vinegar
- ½ c soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One or two whole chorizo bilbao, sliced
- Four 4 ½ ___oz. jars whole button mushrooms
- One 9 ½ oz. jar whole green olives (pimiento stuffed- optional)
- One to two 10 ¾ oz. cans cream of mushroom soup
- The night before, place ox tongue in a pot and cover with water. Boil until meat is no longer pink and firm to the touch, about 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Place on a platter and cool. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The day after, use a vegetable peeler to peel the skin off the tongue. Slice the tongue about ½ inch thick.
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven. Brown each slice on both sides and set aside as you go. Return browned pieces to pot.
- Add chopped onions, bay leaf, freshly ground black pepper. Cover with water.
- Add the vinegar and soy sauce. Cook over low medium heat for about one or two hours, or just until onions break down.
- In a separate pan, heat chorizo until its own oil renders. Cook until slightly crisp. Add to the pot.
- Take about two ladles full of the sauce and place in a heatproof bowl. Add the mushroom soup to the sauce and whisk until well-blended.
- Return the soup to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce the sauce about 30%. Add olives and mushrooms. Turn off heat and cover to warm mushrooms and olives.
- Finish with a “swirl” of olive oil, if desired
16,827 total views, 2 views today