Afritada is a blend of soy sauce, vinegar and tomato sauce. For this recipe I used pork but you may also use chicken or a combination of both. This yummy dish goes perfectly with garlic fried rice.
- sliced pork pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- sliced potatoes
- sliced carrots
- 1 big red bell pepper, juliened
- 250ml water
- 125ml white vinegar
- 75ml dark soy sauce
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- Saute chicken pieces in garlic and onion.
- Add the chicken slices.
- When the chicken slices are slightly brown, add vinegar, soy sauce and tomato sauce.
- Then add water, potaoes and carrots and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- When the chicken is done add the bell pepper, bay leaves and oregano.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with garlic rice.
12,407 total views, 2 views today