The last time my brother went home from the US, he brought us two bottles of Marsala wine. Since we don’t drink wine that often, I figured I could use it in my cooking, so I searched for some recipes using Marsala wine. I got this one from a magazine, the wine went well with the chops. Yummy!
1) Evenly season pork chops, on both sides, with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
2) In a non-stick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil on medium 1 minute. Add pork chops and cook for until done. Transfer chops to platter; keep warm.
3) In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil. Add mushrooms, shallot, and thyme; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and shallot is softened.
4) Add broth and wine to mushroom mixture; cook for 2 minutes. Place chops on dinner plates, then top with the wine sauce.
5) Serve with steamed or garlic rice.
3,929 total views, 2 views today