- 1kg black tiger prawns (fresh shrimps can be used, too)
- 7 to 8 thin slices ginger
- 3 spring onions, cut into 1-inch length
- 1 onion (cut into wedges)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chilli (sliced) optional
- Vegetable oil, enough for shallow frying + 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- In a wok and deep frying pan, heat up enough vegetable oil to cover prawns when frying. When it is warm, shallow fry prawns in batches for about 5-6 minutes or until pink. Repeat until the whole batch finishes, set aside.
- In a new pan, pour over 1 tbsp spoon of the vegetable oil. Under medium heat, put in garlic, onion and ginger. Cook until soft. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and add into the pan. Stir well.
- Add in cooked prawns, spring onions and cut fresh chilli (if using). Cook and stir for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
10,665 total views, 2 views today