This one is too time-consuming to make so I only make it once a year. 🙂 We had this for our New Year’s Day dinner. And no, I didn’t debone the fish myself. It was the fish vendor at the market who did it. 🙂
- 1 big bangus (milkfish), deboned
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of cooking oil
- ground pork or ham, finely chopped
- cooked peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the head and skin in lemon juice, soy sauce and pepper.
- Boil in the bangus meat in 1/2 cup of water with a dash salt for 5 minutes.
- Sauté the garlic and onions until slightly brown then add carrots. Cook until carrots are tender.
- Add the ground pork or chopped ham, cooked peas, raisins and the bangus meat to the mixture. Cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a beaten egg to the sauté and mix well.
- Stuff the mixture inside the bangus skin and head. Sew the cavity if needed.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- slice slightly diagonal (1 1/2 inch thick) and serve.
12,163 total views, 2 views today