(click for a lager view)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1/2 teaspoon white salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole pepper corns
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 lbs beef short ribs (bone-in)
- 3 -5 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper (optional) or Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
- 2 to 3 pieces bay leaves
- Grease a roasting pan (large enough to hold the ribs and sauce).
- In a shallow dish combine flour with seasoned salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Dredge the ribs in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add in ribs and brown on all sides; remove to the roasting pan.
- Place the chopped onions over the ribs.
- In a saucepan mix together the tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, molasses, cider vinegar and fresh garlic (if using) and bay leaves, bring to a boil and simmer stirring for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the ribs and onions.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 300 degree oven for 3-4 hours or until ribs are tender.
2,954 total views, 2 views today