I have tried this dish at Oyster Boy. Hubs and I liked it and thought I’d try cooking it at home. Unlike the usual Adobo where soy sauce and vinegar are used, this one uses pineapple juice and squid ink.
1) Pull out head, tentacles, innards and transparent ribs from the body of the squid. Cut off tentacles just above the eyes and discard innards and transparent ribs.
2) Wash and drain bodies and tentacles. Wash pork cubes and drain. Combine salt, pepper, garlic, pineapple juice, water, and bay leaf.
3) Marinate squid and pork (make sure pork cubes are bigger than the squid so you can pick them out easily) in this mixture for 1 hour. Drain. Save marinade. Saute onions in hot oil.
4) Add drained pork, saute until the juices evaporate (about 10-12 minutes), then add the saved marinade. Simmer until pork is tender. Add squid and simmer for a few minutes more.
5) Serve with steamed or garlic rice. Enjoy! 🙂
17,406 total views, 4 views todayYum