Beat the heat with this cold noodles. Here’s the recipe for a healthy and cooling snack your family can enjoy this summer season.
- 2 servings of soba or chasoba (buckwheat noodles) about 150g
- 300 ml water
- 2 tbsp Japanese soy or light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp dashi powder
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 thumb-sized wasabi
- 6-8 ice cubes
- 2 small handfuls of shredded nori (roasted seaweed) for topping
- In a pot of boiling water, cook soba according to package directions. Drain cooked noodles, rinse in cold running water and transfer to a bowl with ice cubes. Cover bowl with cling wrap and chill in fridge.
- Bring water, soy sauce, mirin and dashi powder to a boil. Let sauce simmer for 1 minute. Turn off heat and let the dipping sauce cool. When sauce is cool enough, transfer to a bottle with lid and chill in fridge.
- When ready to serve, divide and serve chilled noodles (topped with nori and sesame seeds) and dipping sauce into two portions. Serve each portion with a saucer of chopped spring onions and wasabi on the side.
28,367 total views, 2 views today