Birthdays, Christmas, New Year, Anniversaries, name the occasion and you’ll surely find pancit on the table. This is just one of the variety of Pancit here in the Philippines.
1) Rinse noodles with tap water. Drain then set aside.
2) In a large wok, heat oil and sautè garlic and onion for two minutes. Stir-fry shrimp until pink in color then add squid balls. Add chicken flakes or pork. Season with patis, salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste.
3) Add carrots and red bell peppers, stir-fry for a few minutes, then add baguio beans. Add chicken broth or water. Adjust the taste. As soon as the broth boils, add the noodles. Stir to loosen the noodles.
4) Add a little more broth if it gets dry and the noodles are not cooked yet. Feel free to add a little soy sauce if it tastes bland.
5) Add cabbage leaves, quickly stir to mix then turn off the heat. Enjoy with lemon wedges or calamansi slices.
7,990 total views, 2 views today