Here’s another delicious pasta recipe I got from allrecipes.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk (2% or higher)
- 1 cup grated cheese (4Cheese blend or whatever you’ve got)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mound the flour and salt together on a work surface and form a well. Beat the teaspoon of olive oil, 2 eggs, and water in a bowl. Pour half the egg mixture into the well. Begin mixing the egg with the flour with one hand; use your other hand to keep the flour mound steady. Add the remaining egg mixture and knead to form a dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth, 8 to 10 minutes; add more flour if the dough is too sticky. Form the dough into a ball and wrap tightly with plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While the dough is resting, prepare the ravioli filling. Combine the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese, egg, and parsley and mix well. Set the filling aside.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Beat the egg with the tablespoon of water to make the egg wash.
- Roll out the pasta dough into thin sheets no thicker than a nickel. To assemble the ravioli, brush the egg wash over a sheet of pasta. Drop the filling mixture on the dough by teaspoonfuls about one inch apart. Cover the filling with the top sheet of pasta, pressing out the air from around each portion of filling. Press firmly around the filling to seal. Cut into individual ravioli with a knife or pizza cutter. Seal the edges.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the ravioli, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the ravioli float to the top and the filling is hot, 4 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Grease a baking sheet. Place the cooked ravioli on the sheet pan and bake in the preheated oven until brown, about 4 minutes.
- To make the sauce, melt butter blend in flour over medium heat and allow to barely sizzle. Stir in milk, bring to a boil, and stir until thickened. Lower heat and blend in cheese stirring for 3-5 minutes.
- Divide ravioli among four warmed serving bowls. Drizzle the cheese sauce over the ravioli and then top with the grated Parmesan cheese.
4,358 total views, 2 views today