Whenever I think of comfort food, Beef Stroganoff comes to mind. So here’s my version of JO’s recipe.
• 500g fillet steak
• 1 tsp paprika
• Zest of 1 lemon, grated
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• Olive oil
• 2 handfuls of wild mushrooms, cleaned and torn
• Knob of butter
• Small glass of brandy
• 50ml sour cream
• 2–3 flat-leaf parsley sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
• Bread and gherkins, to serve
1. Place the beef between 2 sheets of clingfilm and bash with a rolling pin until ½ cm thick, then cut into finger-width slices. Mix the paprika, lemon zest, salt and pepper, and use to dust the beef.
2. In a large frying pan over a low-medium heat, fry the onion and garlic till softened. Turn up heat and add the mushrooms and butter, sautéing until the mushroom are golden brown, and reserve.
3. Add a little oil to the pan, fry the beef for 2 mins, turning, till browned but still pink inside. Stir in the mushroom-onion mixture, add the brandy and reduce for 1 min or till almost disappeared.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the cream and parsley. Serve with pasta, rice or bread.
9,485 total views, 0 views todayYum