Why lime? That’s what’s available in my kitchen when I suddenly craved for Lemon Pasta Chicken. It was already a bit late and I didn’t have enough time to drive to the market to get me some lemons. I had limes, so I thought why not give them a try? Well, it turned out really yummy, so I encourage all of you to try the recipe. You won’t be disappointed.
Lime Yogurt Chicken (healthier version)
- Olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into pieces
- 5 ml chicken spice to season
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 lemons, zest and juice retained
- 2 cups plain thick yogurt
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup capers
- 4 portions pasta to serve
- First off, heat the oil in a non-stick saucepan and brown the chicken, adding spices to the chicken as you go.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, add the water to deglaze, and keep on the heat while whisking all the goodness from the bottom of the pan to create the base of your sauce.
- Add the lemon juice and zest; then add the yogurt and mix through until heated and incorporated. Don’t overheat, just keep it on the stove until the yogurt has heated up nicely, and add more seasoning and the herbs.
- Remove from the heat; add the chicken pieces and mix.
- Serve with pasta, cauliflower mash or mashed potatoes. Add extra lemon zest for garnish. Serves four.
So there you go guys, it’s healthier, but still creamy and yummy. I hope you’d try the recipe and let me know what you think. Meanwhile, I leave you now because I still need to check out the guitar center baton rouge my son is asking me to check. Happy cooking!
2,064 total views, 8 views today