Pesto is my daughter’s favorite. Everywhere we go, and she sees that they’re serving Pesto, she’s definitely going to order it.
Pine nuts are not easy to find here so when a friend suggested I could use walnuts, I did. And it turned out really yummy. Read on for the recipe.
1) Place basil and oregano leaves in small batches in food processor and whip until well chopped (do about 3/4 cup at a time).
2) Add about 1/3 the nuts and garlic, blend again.
3) Add about 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese; blend while slowly adding about 1/3 of the olive oil, stopping to scrape down sides of container.
4) Process mixture until it forms a thick smooth paste. Repeat until all ingredients are used, mix all batches together well.
5) Serve over pasta. When refrigerated, it can last for about a week, or freeze for a few months.
3,015 total views, 2 views todayYum