This is an easy version of the famous Italian Spaghetti Vongole.
1) In a large skillet over a medium-high heat, sauté the garlic in oil until the garlic starts to sizzle. Then stir in parsley and red pepper flakes. Do not let the garlic brown or your sauce will become bitter.
2) Slowly stir in liquid from the clams and stewed tomatoes. Cover and simmer over low heat for four minutes. Add clams and white wine stirring occasionally until the alcohol evaporates, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
3) Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, add 1 tbs of salt, and drop in the pasta all at once, stirring until the strands are submerged. If you have a smaller pot, you can use less than 4 quarts of water, but you must constantly stir the spaghetti for one minute. When the pasta is molto al dente (about 1 minute away from being al dente), drain.
4) Return the skillet with the clams to a medium heat and add the drained pasta so that it finishes cooking in the skillet. Cook until the pasta is al dente and most of the liquid in the skillet is reduced.
5) Stir in butter and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve at once.
10,537 total views, 2 views today