Got this recipe from Family Circle, but instead of using ground chicken, I tried it with beef and added olives. Turned out yummy, so here, I’m sharing the recipe with you. I’m sure your kids will love the meatballs.
1. Heat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a baking rack over it; coat rack with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine bread pieces and milk and let stand for 5 minutes or until bread softens. Mash with fork until a paste forms. Add beef, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons of the parsley and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and stir until evenly mixed.
3. With clean hands kept wet with water, shape mixture into thirty 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Place meatballs on prepared rack and bake at 375° for 24 minutes.
4. While meatballs are cooking, make sauce. Heat oil in a nonstick medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, Itlian seasoning and black pepper and increase heat to medium-high. Cook for about 15 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons parsley.
5. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl and top with meatballs. Stir pasta water into sauce and spoon sauce on top of pasta and meatballs.
4,791 total views, 2 views today