I seldom use plastic when it comes to storing food. With all the articles I read about the harmful effects of plastic containers, I get really scared. Then, I was invited to review the green earth storage container set by Ozeri. I agreed because the containers are freezer, microwave and dishwasher safe.
* Instant vacuum freshness without pumps, motors or confusing parts. Simply press down on the lid and air is forced out via the one-way valve
* Patented valve removes excess air to reduce naturally occurring bacteria. It also releases pressure to prevent spills and splatters in microwaves
* The wave pattern on the bottom of each container keeps cut fruit and vegetables elevated from water and juices
* The handy date dial allows you to record when the food was first stored and monitor days kept in the refrigerator
* Bpa-free, stain-resistant, shatterproof, and as transparent as glass. Freezer, microwave and dishwasher safe. Satisfaction guaranteed.
These aren’t the ordinary plastic containers you usually see in the stores with press on lids. The lids have air locks on the top and flaps on each side. The flaps will ensure the lids will stay in place, while the air lock serves as a vacuum seal, to ensure the food won’t spoil easily and keep food fresh longer.
I like that you can use it to heat food in the microwave without splatters. The oven can get messy if you heat the food without covering the container. The green earth containers have valves to prevent the food from bursting while inside the oven.
If you will notice, there are numbers on the dial. You can use these numbers to mark the date you placed the food in the container, allowing you to keep track how long it’s been there.
Overall, these containers are amazing. They are BPA free, shatter and stain resistant, and they will not only keep your food from bacteria, but make them last longer as well. If you are looking for a food storage that is of high quality, these containers from Ozeri are worth giving a try.
10,247 total views, 4 views todayYum