I was thinking of doing a Shrimp Tempura with these prawns, but when I checked the fridge, I realized I didn’t have radish for the sauce. Here at home, Tempura is no good without the sauce. So, I thought I’ll just butterfly them, drizzle with milk and soy sauce and top with grated cheese, ground pepper and butter. It’s a lot of work, but my oh my, the taste is heavenly.
Baked Butterflied Prawns with Pepper and Cheese
- 1 lbs Tiger Prawns, butterflied, veins removed
- Grated Cheese
- Milk (I used fresh milk)
- Light Soy Sauce (I used Kikkoman)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash prawns thoroughly. Using a sharp knife, butterfly each prawn and remove the vein. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Using a small spoon, drizzle prawns with milk, then with soy sauce.
- Top with grated cheese, butter and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until prawns turn pink.
- Serve and enjoy.
5,947 total views, 4 views today