This dish is very similar to Chicken Parmesan, but this is the healthier version. Instead of using Parmesan, I used light cheese. I also don’t like dousing the crispy chicken with sauce before covering it with cheese and then baking it. I’m just not sold on the idea of making a crispy chicken only to cover it with sauce and make it soggy. So, here’s my version.
Baked Crispy Chicken Spaghetti
- 500 grams Chicken breasts
- 1 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup Flour - all-purpose
- Egg whites of 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
Basic Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Large onion (minced)
- 800 grams Whole stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Baked Chicken
- 80 grams light cheese orMozzarella cheese (grated)
- 450 grams Dried spaghetti
- Minced Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Put the oven rack in the middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F (175 C). Put a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Prepare flour (I season it with salt and pepper), Panko bread crumbs and egg white in different bowls.
- Season chicken breast slices with salt and pepper, then dust with flour to coat evenly.
- Dip the floured chicken in the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Make sure to cover both sides of the chicken slices.
- Place them on the wire rack, then drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil evenly over the chicken.
- Bake coated chicken slices for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Saute the garlic, then add the onions.
- Add the stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, and dried oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Arrange the cooked spaghetti on a plate and top with sauce. Put crispy chicken slices on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- You may choose to bake it until the cheese melts.
4,666 total views, 2 views today