A smooth and creamy sauce with melt in your mouth beef tenderloin. This is always a winner. Try it, I’m sure your family will love it, too. Happy cooking!
Beef Tenderloin with a Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sprig thyme
- 6 tablespoons cognac (or white wine)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 cup of assorted mushroom (I used canned button mushrooms)
- chopped parsley
- In a fry pan over medium high heat, add a splash of olive oil and half a teaspoon of butter.
- Season the beef tenderloin with salt and pepper and add to pan.
- Add the clove of garlic and sprig of fresh thyme.
- Slowly roast the beef tenderloin on all sides, turning routinely every 2 to 3 minutes.
- To cook the beef tenderloin medium, this should take approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once roasted nicely, golden brown, remove the beef tenderloin and keep warm off to one side.
- Pick out the garlic and thyme, return the pan to the heat, and add a splash of cognac and flame so as to allow the alcohol to burn off.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce by two- thirds, then add the cream and simmer gently to reduce and thicken by half.
- Season with salt and pepper and keep sauce warm on one side.
- Using a clean fry pan, over high heat, quickly sauté your choice of assorted mushrooms that have been picked over and cut into hazel nut size pieces.
17,281 total views, 2 views today