Here’s another version of my favorite dish from Bicol.
1. Soak long green chili peppers in salted water for 30 minutes, rinse, strain well and slice diagonally.
2. In a pan, saute garlic and onion in oil. When sliced onions are translucent add pork.
3. When pork are slightly browned, add water and shrimp paste. Bring to a boil and then lower the fire and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
4. Add the sliced green chili peppers and pork cube, cook until water is reduced.
5. Pour in coconut milk and cook until sauce thickens. Serve hot with garlic or steamed rice.
15,873 total views, 0 views todayYum