One thing I love about eggs is that I can whip up a lot of dishes with it. My youngest looks forward to his breakfast every morning. Eggs are his favorite and if I would allow him to eat them all the time, he’d be so glad, I’m sure. His favorite? Omelet and Frittata! I love making both dishes for him because he gets to eat veggies.
Broccoli and Tomato Frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup broccoli, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 1cups grated cheese, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and onions and cook for about 1 minute. Add the sliced tomatoes to the skillet, saute for about 2 minutes, until tender but firm. Add broccoli and cook for 6 to eight minutes. Season the vegetables with salt, and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour into the skillet over the vegetables. Reduce heat to medium-low and scramble the eggs for 1 minute. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or just until the eggs start to set around the edges. Drizzle olive oil around the edge of the pan to ensure easy removal.
- Finish cooking in the oven for an additional 10 to 12 minutes, until the eggs have completely set in the center. Serve straight out of the skillet, or flip onto a serving plate. Garnish with grated cheese.
11,900 total views, 2 views today