Having so many Filipino-Chinese friends, we always end up eating in Chinese restos. This eggplant dish is one of our favorites. It’s very easy to prepare and you can serve it with minced pork or shrimps.
1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Slice the eggplants diagonally. Place on a baking sheet and bake until tender for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar, whisking until the sugar dissolves.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, warm the peanut oil. Add the garlic and onion, and sauté for about 1 minute to release the flavor. Add the pork. When pork is cooked add the sliced eggplant and cook stirring, for 1 minute. Add the oyster sauce mixture and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes to blend the flavors.
4. Remove from the heat and stir sesame oil.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and serve warm with steamed rice.
15,265 total views, 2 views todayYum