Still determined not to eat red meat until Saturday, I’m glad the whole family is into it. Not everyone at home is fond of eating fish, so I try to make our fish dishes as tasty as possible. This one is easy to prepare and yes, it’s delicious everyone else liked it. And because of that, I intend to do this often.
I added a little more water because the black beans are salty. My kids also like pouring the sauce over the rice.
Fried Flounder with Tomatoes and Black Bean Sauce
- 2 teaspoons salted fermented black beans
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 whole flounder or sole, cleaned, head and tail intact
- 4 thin slices fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Using a big frying pan, pour oil and heat. Fry fish until golden brown. Set Aside. If the fish is too big, cut it in half, so it will be easier to fry.
- In another pan, saute garlic, onion and ginger for a few minutes. Add the black beans and mash using a wooden spoon. Add water. Stir in sliced tomatoes, wine and pepper. Turn off heat once the tomatoes are soft.
- Pour over fried fish and serve hot.
16,554 total views, 5 views today