Ginataang Manok or Chicken in Coconut Milk is a very rich dish with a hint of sweetness because of the coconut milk. You will love the combination of the sweet smell of coconut and ginger in your kitchen when you prepare this. The dish is very easy to prepare and the ingredients are very simple. If you will notice, I removed all the chicken skin, to make the dish healthier. 🙂 Enjoy the dish!
Ginataang Manok (Chicken in Coconut Milk)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh ginger
- 3 to 5 pieces Siling Haba or Lady Finger chili
- 1 large whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 to 3 pieces hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped spinach or Kangkong leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large wok over medium heat and saute garlic and onion. Stir in the ginger slices. Cook and stir until fragrant and lightly browned. Remove ginger and set aside. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the same skillet over medium-high heat without crowding. Cook until chicken is lightly brown on all sides. Return the ginger to the skillet and add coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then cover the skillet with the lid tilted to allow steam to escape. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and siling haba. Simmer uncovered until spinach is warmed through, 8 to 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, as necessary.
- Transfer to a serving dish and add the hard-boiled eggs just before serving.
3,383 total views, 4 views today