I tried this pasta dish when I had lunch with my two blogging buddies a few weeks ago. It was really good so I thought of searching for an easy recipe and cook it for my family. Off I went to Santi’s Deli to buy some Italian Sausage. The sun-dried tomatoes were a bit pricey and it would take time if I have to make some on my own so I figured, why not use canned tomatoes instead? Hubs and the kids are all pasta lovers and I know they’re going to love this one.
- 1 (12 0z) package dry penne pasta
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 medium can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Place sausage, garlic and onion in the skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Pour in wine, and cook for one minute, stirring to de-glaze the pan. Stir in tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss with cooked pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve with garlic bread.
3,271 total views, 2 views today