Don’t know what else to do with your potatoes? Make Croquettes! The yummy potato croquettes are always a winner with my kids. They are a little time consuming to prepare, but it’s definitely worth all the fuss.
You can eat them plain or choose whatever sauce you want. I love it with sweet chili sauce.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, stir together mashed potatoes and parsley; season with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, place flour; season with salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water. In a third shallow bowl, place 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs.
- Scoop a tablespoon of potato mixture. Pinch the center and place 1/4 teaspoon of diced ham.
- Form potato mixture into 3/4-by-2-inch logs. Roll in flour, shaking off excess, dip in egg wash, then roll in breadcrumbs to coat. In a heavy medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 inches vegetable oil over medium-high until hot. In batches, fry croquettes until golden brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per batch, tunring as needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve and enjoy.
10,618 total views, 2 views today