I’ve been craving for something Oriental, so tonight’s dinner will be Salt and Pepper Pork. The recipe is courtesy of my sister’s friend.
While I was frying the pork, my daughter told me that she could smell it from a mile. And up until now, the whole house still smells delicious!
And the taste? It’s really yummy, so you should try it.
- 1 pound sliced pork or spare ribs
- 2 tablespoons chicken powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Five Spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons scallions or spring onions, cut into 1 inch strips
- Oil for frying
- Mix together first five ingredients.
- Dry rub pork slices with the mixture and let sit 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Leave some of the mixture for the onions.
- Fry pork until golden brown, set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute diced onions until soft.
- Add scallions or spring onions and saute for a few seconds more.
- Add remaining dry rub to pan, stir.
- Lastly, add fried pork and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
7,140 total views, 0 views today