Whenever I can’t think of something to make for dinner, I make these yummy meatballs. This is an easy recipe made with ingredients that we always have around the house. My family loves this and I’m sure yours will love this, too.
Sweet and Sour Beef Meatballs
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup carrot strips
- 4-5 stalks spring onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs and onion. Mix thoroughly and shape into golf ball-sized balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, gently brown the meatballs and set aside.
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, water, white vinegar and soy sauce into a bowl, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add oil. Saute garlic until lightly browned, then add onions. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes, until onions are transparent. Add carrots and bell pepper until cooked.
- Add the sauce mixture into the pan. Mix thoroughly.
- Add meatballs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for 30 minutes.
- Serve with garlic or steamed rice.
3,205 total views, 2 views today