- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, parsley and butter or margarine. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add the flour, stirring well, to make a pasty mixture. Whisk in the milk and the broth. Add the corn and the cream cheese and allow to heat through. Add the garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. Stir together and serve.
** Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com
2,995 total views, 0 views today