This dish originated from Pampanga. It’s very similar to Paella but it is cooked with coconut milk. The recipe was borrowed from Step By Step Recipe (http://stepbysteprecipe.com/tag/coconut-bringhe-recipe/).
1. Place the chicken and quartered onion in a large saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to boil uncovered until chicken is tender, about 40 minutes. Remove the chicken, strain, and reserve the broth. Let it cool and remove the meat from the bones and shred. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saute pan. Add the garlic, diced onion, and bell pepper and saute for about 5 minutes. Add the carrots and potatoes and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the sliced Chinese chorizo then add the turmeric and stir for 1 minute .
3. Add the rice and stir until thoroughly coated with the oil about 5 minutes. Add coconut milk and broth and the fish sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently until the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in raisins. Add chicken and cooked until warmed through about 5 minutes.
4. Grease a large wok and line it with a double layer of banana leaves. Fill it with the rice mixture. Smooth the top to create an even layer.
5. Line another layer of banana leaves on top and cover with the lid and place over medium heat. Cook without stirring for 30 minutes or until a golden brown crust that holds the dish together is formed at the bottom of the dish; less if you don’t want the crust.
6. Invert onto a large serving plate and remove banana leaves. Serve and enjoy.
36,747 total views, 6 views todayYum