I came across this fish cake soup or Odeng when I was in Tokyo, but I think this dish originates from Korea. It’s great during the cold months of winter and on rainy days too.
1) Wash and clean baby octopus.
2) Chop the onion and cut the scallions.
3) Heat sesame oil in a pan (medium-high heat). Sauté the onion until it becomes translucent.
4) Add the fish cake, lobster balls and crab balls, stir for 2 minutes then add the water.
5) Bring to the boil, season with soy sauce and dashi.
6) Add baby octopus, simmer for 2 minutes, then turn off the heat. Cooking the octopus for a long time will make the meat tough.
7) Sprinkle with sliced scallions and serve hot.
12,800 total views, 2 views todayYum