It was in Seafood Market that I had tried this Bamboo Shells. I think the shells are also known as razor clams. This recipe is by Kylie Kwong; just the way we had them at Seafood Market.
1) Scrub, de-beard, rinse and drain razor clams or bamboo shells.
2) Next, make the black bean and chilli sauce. Heat peanut oil in a wok until surface seems to shimmer slightly. Add ginger, garlic, chilli and black beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add shao hsing wine and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add sugar and allow to caramelise for 10 seconds. Add soy sauce, sesame oil and water and cook for 10 seconds.
3) Lastly, add vinegar and spring onions and stir-fry for a further 30 seconds, then set aside.
4) Place them in a shallow heatproof bowl that will fit inside a steamer basket. Place bowl inside steamer and position over a deep saucepan or wok of boiling water and steam, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully remove clams and transfer to a serving platter.
5) Drizzle sauce over clams and serve.
Yes, I really love every food they gave me! My friend with me is a bearded guy, as in he has a long beard. Me and him eat as much as we want where I can see that his beard was soaked in soap. That was really hilarious. Good thing is that my friend has the best shaving soap. After we eat, he promised to shave his beard using this soap.
26,997 total views, 0 views todayYum