- 200-250g soaked transparent cuttlefish
- 250g fresh large squid
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped bird’s eye chillies
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
Sauce ingredients :
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh chicken stock
- Score the inner body of the cuttlefish and squid. Cut into thick slices of about 2x5cm. Dredge the cuttlefish and squid with flour and pepper. Fry until golden brown. Drain well.
- Heat another pan with oil until hot and stir-fry shallots, ginger, garlic and bird’s eye chillies until fragrant.
- Pour in the combined sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. When the sauce thickens, add the cuttlefish and squid and toss the mixture briefly.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander.
5,776 total views, 0 views today