I know, I know the temps are getting high, but dad’s been craving for this soup. He even went to the lengths of driving me to the market to buy clams, so Miso Soup he will get.
This soup is actually very easy to make, so if you’re tired of the usual Halaan soup (Ginger and Clam Soup) and Clam Chowder, you should try this one. It’s very tasty and not too heavy on the belly.
Asari Miso Soup (Miso Clam Soup)
- 200 g clams
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pack Japanese mushrooms (such as shimeji, enoki or nameko)
- 1 1/2 tbs miso (to taste)
- 1 scallion chopped
- Add the clams and 1 teaspoon of salt to a bowl and cover with water. This will make the clams open and release any sand they contain.
- Add the mushrooms to the water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the clams and cover with a lid and boil until the clams open (about 1-2 minutes). Turn the heat down and add the miso, dissolving the paste in a ladle filled with a little soup first to avoid clumps. Because different types of miso vary in salinity, taste the soup and adjust the miso to taste.
- Finish by adding the scallions and serve immediately.
14,295 total views, 8 views today