I was invited by Nicole over at Momtrends to join their Friday Feasts meme. Every Friday, participants post their recipes to share with everyone. For my first entry, I’m posting my potato soup recipe. To join Friday Feasts, click here.
Hubs had his upper molar extracted last Monday and was advised by his dentist to go on a soft diet for 24 hours. So instead of the usual Arroz Caldo (Filipino Congee), which he doesn’t like very much, I decided to make him this soup. I got the recipe from a magazine. Here’s what you will need:
1) In saucepot over medium heat, cook leeks in unsalted butter 3 minutes, or until tender.
2) Add chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil.
3) Reduce heat to low; let simmer 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
4) In blender, puree 1/2 soup1 minute, or until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup.
5) Return soup to saucepot. Stir in 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon. Increase heat to medium; cook 2 minutes, or until heated through.
6) Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
7) Serve with bread sticks or crackers.
19,808 total views, 0 views todayYum