This one’s great for those who are on a diet. The soup is delicious, healthy and totally gluten free. I got the recipe from gfunkified.com but I made it sans beans.
- 1 bulb fennel (chopped, stalks discarded)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2-3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1lb yellow squash/zucchini (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 head spinach/escarole/kale (coarsely chopped)
- 5 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1lb shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 1 can cannellini beans (drained, rinsed)
- In large pot over medium heat, cook the first eight ingredients, stirring occasionally, until the veggies start to soften up and brown (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in the squash/zucchini and spinach/escarole/kale, stirring occasionally, until the greens are wilted (about 10 minutes). Add the water and tomatoes (not drained) and simmer until veggies are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the shrimp and beans and simmer uncovered until the shrimp is cooked, about 2-4 minutes.
12,607 total views, 2 views today