This is one of the best soups I’ve had when I went to Singapore a couple of weeks ago. I got the recipe from taste.com.au. It’s easy to make and the soup is really tasty and creamy.
- 250g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup laksa paste (see related recipe)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons grated palm or brown sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 to 5 pieces fried breaded chicken
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add laksa paste. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until aromatic and oil separates from paste. Add stock and sugar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add coconut milk and stir until hot.
- Stir in onions.
- Divide noodles between serving bowls. Top with a piece of fried breaded chicken and a few slices of egg. Ladle over remaining soup. Top with beansprouts, cucumber, mint and coriander. Serve hot.
3,336 total views, 2 views today