Pork is the most popular filling for Siomai back here. It is usually steamed and eaten with calamansi (or lemon) and soy sauce dip or sometimes added to noodle soup or congee. You can also serve them fried.
1) Combine all the ingredients and mix until well blended.
2) Place 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture in the center of each Wonton wrapper. Press down gently to make sure there is no air.
3) Press wrapper up and around all the sides of the siomai leaving the center open. See photo above.
4) Grease steamer plate and arrange siomai making sure you do not over-crowd the plate so they won’t stick with each other.
5) Steam for 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat. Be careful not to overcook so siomai does not end up too dry.they don’t end up tough and dry.
6) Serve with calamansi/soy sauce dip and chili garlic paste.
14,920 total views, 5 views today